Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) is a Luxembourg based non-life Insurance company fully owned by Fairfax and established for a strategic expansion of the Fairfax insurance business in Central & Eastern Europe.
Colonnade is licensed to underwrite 17 of the 18 statutory classes of non-life Insurance (except Class 10 – Motor Vehicle Liability). Our licenses are extended to Freedom of Services for all EU member states. The company currently maintains, and forecasts the maintenance of, a strong solvency ratio, well above the required levels. Colonnade is supported by leading global reinsurers with strongest financial security led by Swiss Re, SCOR, Munich Re.
Number of markets: 7
GWP: 124 million USD
Number of employees: more than 450
Registered office: Luxembourg
We operate through branches in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and its sister company in Ukraine.
Branches operate on a decentralized basis but having strong internal culture where market practice leaders share their expertise cross-branch. The empowered un-derwriting teams applying a focused underwriting strategy to their markets.
- Peter Csakvari, General Director
- Andras Sellyei, Chief Financial Officer
- Babette Chambre, Compliance Officer
- John Ockenden, Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Officer
- Julien Immelé, Internal Auditor
Board of directors
- Ronald Schokking, Board Member
- Jean Cloutier, Board Member
- Frederick Gabriel, Board Member
- Leo de Waal, Board Member
- Bijan Khosrowshahi, Board Member
- Marnix Ernst Wielenga, Board Member
The Solvency II regulations came into effect on 1 January 2016 and require new reporting and public disclosure arrangements to be implemented by insurance companies within the European Union. This document is the first version of the Solvency and Financial Condition Report (“SFCR”) that is required to be prepared annually by Colonnade Insurance S.A. (“the Company”).