Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) is a Luxembourg based non-life Insurance company fully owned by Fairfax and established for a strategic expansion of the Fairfax insurance business in Central & Eastern Europe.
Colonnade is licensed to underwrite 17 of the 18 statutory classes of non-life Insurance (except Class 10 – Motor Vehicle Liability). Our licenses are extended to Freedom of Services for all EU member states. The company currently maintains, and forecasts the maintenance of, a strong solvency ratio, well above the required levels. Colonnade is supported by leading global reinsurers with strongest financial security led by Swiss Re, SCOR, Munich Re.
Number of markets: 7
GWP: 124 million USD
Number of employees: more than 450
Registered office: Luxembourg
We operate through branches in Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and its sister company in Ukraine.
Branches operate on a decentralized basis but having strong internal culture where market practice leaders share their expertise cross-branch. The empowered un-derwriting teams applying a focused underwriting strategy to their markets.
- Peter Csakvari, General Director
- Andras Sellyei, Chief Financial Officer
- Babette Chambre, Compliance Officer
- John Ockenden, Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Officer
- Julien Immelé, Internal Auditor
Board of directors
- Ronald Schokking, Board Member
- Jean Cloutier, Board Member
- Frederick Gabriel, Board Member
- Leo de Waal, Board Member
- Bijan Khosrowshahi, Board Member
- Marnix Ernst Wielenga, Board Member